Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Homework 10

Okie dokie. Theme of our game. I'd say...teddy bears? I mean, we do kinda have a teddy bear motif going on. Teddy bears and pimps. 

I'm having a really hard time coming up with an experience. The only thing I can think of is that fact that my two best friends and I always fight around each other. Not fighting as in arguing, I mean full-on cat fighting. XD It's pretty amusing to watch. So I don't know, maybe a way to incorporate that into the game would be to have characters with that fighting style. Maybe have enemies that jump you in a similar fashion and try to foot sweep you and kick you in the fact. Not that my friends actually kick each other in the face, but it's mentioned quite often. ^^; 

Reinforcement of the theme...well, right now, we have a main character as a teddy bear, the enemies are teddy bears (and pimps)...I think another thing discussed was to put random pictures of teddy bears throughout the house, like portraits and such. The mansion is...a broken down pimp mansion, lol. We could also have teddy bear sounds and stuff. 

Our problem statement...provide gamers with an amusing and creative game that incorporates both mature themes and childish objects. So...as far as constraints go...it's leaning towards a masculine game, so no Barbies. XD Also, the childish objects are pretty much restricted to teddy bears, maybe some other toys but that might be pushing it. It's a shooter, so nothing a shooter can't handle. I feel like we're taking a bit of a light-hearted and comedic approach, so it would be good to keep the seriousness down.

No comments:

Post a Comment