Thursday, September 9, 2010

Homework 3



All right~ Actually managed to get this video done. I'm now using a desktop computer, since my laptop seems to hate large programs or operating in general. Sorry for the intense silence, by the way. You can play some upbeat music in the background or something.

I started out by throwing my laptop against the wall creating two cubes. I squished one like we did today in class, and the other I left as a general cube, just yellow. I applied the keyboard sensors for the WASD keys (probably in the wrong directions) and created a jumping option with the spacebar. I gave it a dynamic body and a mass of 20. Next I created a bunch of walls by copying the squished cubes a few times and making them green. They're all static. Lastly, I created three different spheres, all with rigid bodies. The red ones have a mass of 5 and utilize the touch sensors, the larger blue ones have a mass of .7 and have collision sensors, and the smaller blue ones have a mass of 2.5 and use near sensors. I duplicated each of these four times, so there's 12 spheres hanging around. The whole premise is to attempt to knock the spheres off the plane and find out how the spheres react. Unfortunately, my cube tends to run all over the screen at times and my aim appears to be awful. I also added several light sources, though only two appeared to have an impact. I put in two suns in two different locations. It's awfully dark without them. 

On a different note, Birth by Sleep is really awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Haha nice work Alyssa! *thinks about throwing my own laptop out the window* I know the feeling. Tutorials really are your best friend with this stuff.

    You are so lucky to have that game! ; ) I don't have a psp so no Kindom Hearts for me for awhile. I finally beat the 2nd one for ps2 over last summer but haven't really played anything other than FF8 relatively close to now. Haha too much homework I guess, that and the games are so addicting!

    ReplyDelete